Saturday, September 6, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Things have been so hectic recently I haven't been able to blog about my labor day weekend! In so many words it was simply amazing because not only did I get to attend a wedding for my dear friend Kirstie Mitchell (now Kirstie Walker) but I also got to celebrate my Dad turning 52 in Newport and Oceanside! Let me just tell you, my weekend was not lacking...

On Friday night our family went down to my Grandpa's house on Lido Peninsula for dinner and a duffy ride around the Balboa bay. My Dad's two sisters joined us, so it was a real family affair.















On Saturday night I had the privilege to attend Kirstie Mitchell's wedding to Josiah Walker. The wedding and dessert reception was at Calvary Church in Santa Ana. To be honest it was probably one of the most fun weddings I have ever been to at Calvary. Kirstie looked absolutely gorgeous and the ceremony was beautiful! During the reception there was a lot of mingling and there was even a photo booth you could take pictures in so that Kirstie and Josiah could remember who came to their wedding. Can you guess which picture I gave them to keep?

For the first time: Mr. and Mrs. Josiah Walker!






















On Sunday and Monday I was in Oceanside with my Dad for his 52nd birthday. We lounged around, tanned, swam in the water, threw around the frisbee, and played bocce ball. It's a tradition to not only celebrate my Dad's birthday over the Labor Day weekend, but also my Uncle Casey's and our neighbor Mike's birthdays (that are in September and October, respectively). It was all fun and games until Uncle Casey stuck his cigar in the cake. What a jokester!

















1 comment:

aLySSa said...

whaaat? when did you post this? i just came across it! love LOVE love the pictures!