Friday, August 1, 2008

There's No Place Like Home


Last Saturday the High School group returned from Hume Lake and let's just say it was the BEST homecoming EVER. Without going into too many details it was the most trying week for me, emotionally and spiritually, and I am so glad that it is over. Overall I learned that God has a plan in any circumstance and that I just need to give everything to Him, because I can't do anything on my own.

On a better note, while up at Hume I was able to hang out with my friend Jocey, who is working up at Hume this summer, and who recently signed on to work full-time up at Hume. Although I was so sad to hear that she wasn't going to be coming back to Tustin, I was more excited for her that she finally knows what she is going to be doing these next 3 years, and that God has opened these doors for her up at Hume. I have to admit I am somewhat jealous that (A) she has a job, and (B) she gets to work and live up at Hume Lake. We were even able to bike ride up to the house she'll be living in while working up at Hume.

I have to say that even though it was a tough week, the Lord truly blessed me with an amazing staff that was so encouraging and really lifted me up during a hard time. Jocey, Jessica, Alyssa, and Katelyn really encouraged me up at Hume while I struggled with my cabin. Mark Adair was also someone who really lifted me up when I wanted to go home and was in hysterics. I am completely grateful for these people who put a smile on my face when I was completely hopeless.

All I have to say is the LORD IS GOOD.

Here are some snapshots from the week.

My Cabin
My Small Group

High School Staff

My Best Friend, Jessica

My friend, Whitney, who is working up at Hume this summer

Together since Calvary: Alyssa, Jocey, Me, and Jess

My cabin on crazy spirit day!

My best friend, Jocey, who is working up at Hume indefinitely

My Cabin

2 comments:

Nicole Gniffke said...

hume was fun, although i didnt envy you at all, glad it all turned out on the upside. you were a champion. i love your blog.

hey, so jocey... shes working full time up there at hume? doing what? how fun for her.

Kelly said...

Jocey's working as an administrative something...I'm sad she's gonna be working up their full time but it's the right thing for her right now. God is totally blessing her through this.