Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hume Lake


Alyssa and I leave for Hume Lake Christian Camp tomorrow morning with Calvary Church. We are both going to be counselors, and are super stoked about our cabins!! Alyssa has senior girls, most of whom go to Calvary Chapel, and it is pretty much the same group of girls she had last year. I, on the other hand, have a different group of girls than I have normally. I still have junior girls, but only four girls from my small group, along with 7 other junior girls. Since Jessica and I co-lead a small group of fifteen girls, there's no way we can all be together, especially when almost all of them signed up to go to Hume (which is AWESOME!). Unfortunately that means splitting up our small group, but I know the Lord has placed the girls in the cabins they should be in, there is no doubt in mind mind about that. My prayer is that these girls grow closer to the Lord and continue to love him with all their hearts.

The theme this year is "Rise of the Kinematics". Kinematics is the study of motion without regard to its cause. The theme's goal is to give cause to Christian experience and action. Brent Eldridge is our speaking and he will be discussing the topics of God, Man, Christ, Justification, Discipleship, and Scripture. The overall goal is that students walk away from camp with an understanding of these foundational principles of the Christian faith. The root scripture for the summer will be 2 Timothy 4:1-5. Be praying that the students from Calvary Church will open their hearts, become broken, and be prepared for the Lord to work in their lives.

Also, please pray that God will give me strength to keep up with these high school students and the patience and diligence to really pour into them spiritually and emotionally. Things can get pretty crazy up at camp and I know it is only the Lord who can give me the silence to listen and the right advice to offer. I know the Lord is going to do amazing things this week up at Hume!

If you want to email Alyssa or I up at Hume just go to http://www.humelake.org/content/yc_emailcamper.php. We absolutely LOVE getting mail!

No comments: