Friday, January 16, 2009

Volleyball: Game 1



I just have to take a moment and brag a little bit.

Alyssa and I are coaching the Junior High JV volleyball team at Calvary. We have been practicing for two weeks now, and today was our FIRST GAME! We played Bethany Christian School and we WON. It was our first game and we actually won! I'm so excited for our team and each girl on it. The girls really came together today and did so well. I'm so proud of them!!!!

All I have to say is that the Lord is so good. This past week I have been really nervous about actual games, and the Lord really put it on my heart to just give my worries to Him. Now that our first game is over I know that I didn't need to be worrying because God is in control. Whether we win or lose I know that is what the Lord intended. I love that it took thirteen Junior High girls to teach me such a small lesson.

Stay tuned to see how the rest of our season goes...

No comments: